Step by step tutorial
Target Audience: Office Managers and Company Administrators
What is Remote Inc?
- Remote Inc is a desktop-based and web-based application that allows you to monitor your workforce [working from home or another office] immediately, wherever or whenever.
- It captures their keystrokes, screenshots and time-in and time out details, daily.
How does it work?
Organizing your remote users in offices
Who are your remote users?
- They are mostly working during office hours in front of a computer.
- Their workstations can be located from home or designated office.
- Their work needs to be monitored for efficiency and quality.
Defining your remote user’s location
It is important to define your remote user’s location. May it be a virtual location or a physical location, it will affect the time in and time out details of your remote users.
If your company is based in Pensylvania USA, and you have remote users in the Philippines, You have to decide if his working time is based on your location or his location.
This will help you monitor his daily work progress through a timely organized Timesheet.
In AG, we help you organize your users inside OFFICES
- Office defines the location constraints of your remote users.
- These location constraints are:
- Time zone Settings
- Daylight Saving Time
- Offset Time
How does AG records working time?
if Office Location = User Location
If you have a physical location i.e. an office located somewhere in the city – let’s say Pittsburgh, and your remote users are working there, the best practice would be to create an AG Office for that place. Monthly Timesheet of Remote User working at same time zone settings as the office.
if Office Location != User Location
If your company is based somewhere in USA and you have remote users from China, Philippines, India working at the comfort of their home, you could probably create a virtual office and based the time zone on your current location. Monthly Timesheet of Remote User working at time zone settings different from his assigned office.
You could see remote user working on Sundays even though he’s work schedule is Monday to Friday only. His working time is offset by almost one day.
If you are managing a remote user and you noticed that his timesheet is incorrect, check his location constraintsChecklist: Big Offset Time [more than 1 hour indicates that time zone of your user and time & date settings of your user’s workstation is not in sync.
Assigning Monitors/Supervisors to your remote users
Who are your company monitors
- They need to track the current progress of your remote users.
- They can be working within the company as agent supervisors or outside the company as company’s client/customer [as for an outsourcing company].
Creating a company monitor account
- In AG, company monitors are a subset of administrator account.
- They have access to all activities [namely keystrokes, screenshots and timesheet] of remote users assigned to them.
- They can only view user data but not modify them. And they can only view the user’s data from starting date to which they were assigned.
Defining your AG Company Account
- Suppose your company is a consulting firm that is based in California, USA.
- Your employees are scattered around the globe. You have employees, in Pittsburgh, Manila and Changsha.
- Your clients are mostly from USA, and you distribute the project across your workforce according to their skills.
- You want Remote Inc to help you manage your remote users effectively and also allow your clients to monitor your employees working for them so they could also track their progress..
Organizing your remote users into offices
Office Details and Remote User’s list
Remote User’s detail
Assigning Monitors to your remote users
Dashboard viewed by Company Administrator:
If you are an office manager or a company administrator and you want to filter dashboard by company monitor
If you want to view the remote users working for your client, you could do so by filtering the Company Monitor. This will reset the Office Droplist and Remote User Summary as seen on the video clip.